RE: [condor-users] transfert input file

I thought about this too... since you specify (sensibly) that a '+' is present before any user defined attributes, sanity checking that specified commands are valid would be a useful addition (and potentially save a lot of wasted time on a compute farm)

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Zachary Miller [mailto:zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 February 2004 00:06
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] transfert input file

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:23:33PM +0100, Olivier Ricou wrote:
> BTW, is there is any way to check if the submit file is correct ?
> It would have save me hours if I had at least a warning in my
> error file.

well, we allow you to define your own arbitrary attributes in the submit
file so it's not simple to detect if it is "correct" vs. just a typo.  it
is something we have thought about though, to make sure that a submit file
passes basic checks but it needs a bit of intelligence.

cheers,
-zach

Condor Support Information:

Gloucester Research Limited believes the information
provided herein is reliable. While every care has been
taken to ensure accuracy, the information is furnished
to the recipients with no warranty as to the completeness
and accuracy of its contents and on condition that any
errors or omissions shall not be made the basis for any
claim, demand or cause for action.