Re: [condor-users] condor-mpich

----- Forwarded message from owner-condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx -----

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:21:28 +0100
From: Olivier Ricou
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] condor-mpich

20/02/04 die, ad 21h39, Joel Hernandez <joelh@xxxxxxxxx> dixit :
> I've been trying to setup several of our nodes to run as dedicated
> resources in order to run MPI jobs.  I've tested the setup using the
> simple example in section 2.10 of the online Condor Manual for V6.6.
>
> However instead of containing the print out from stdin, the outfile
> contains the following error message:
>
> rm_3660: (-) net_recv failed for fd = 3
> rm_3660:  p4_error: net_recv read, errno = : 104

If your nodes running MPI are Linux machines, have a look
to /proc/sysvipc/sem to see if your node still have semaphores
free ? If you see a list of 128 or 256 (I don't remember the
limite), then it means your MPI program has a problem and does
not free the semaphore properly.

To clean by hand the semaphores (and shared memory I think), use
cleanipcs which should be in the sbin directory of your MPI.
Beware, it cleans only the semaphore owned by the user running
cleanipcs.

Hope it helps,

Olivier.

----- End forwarded message -----