Re: [condor-users] Log Entries

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:21:11 -0600  bshook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When a condor log entry says job executing on host X.X.X.X does this
> mean that the executable and the input files have been transferred
> and the job is starting or that the files are just starting to be
> transferred?

it means that that any transfering or other initialization is complete
and the job is about to start executing.  we've contemplated adding
another event to indicate that the initial startup is begining, but
there's no such event put in the userlog at this time.

> Likewise when a log entry indicates that a job finishes is that a
> timestamp before or after the output file has returned?

after all the output has been transfered back.

-derek
Condor Support Information: