Re: [condor-users] How to avoid preempting completely?

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

Yesterday a guest user started a bunch of "standard" jobs, with the
result that a big part of the jobs that had already been running for
days was kicked out ("preempted") and their already accumulated CPU time
was lost :-(

Is there something I have missed, or is my attempt in vain to have some
kind of "never kill a running job" policy?

Do you have any machine rank expression defined in your config file? Machine rank over-rules PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS.

Dan Bradley

Condor Support Information: