[condor-users] Pool node maintenance

Hi,

I'd like to do some maintenance on a pool node, but since it's running a
vanilla universe job I cannot vacate it without losing the work of
several days. I also cannot watch it all the time so I can stop it the
very moment when the job has finished and the node hasn't negotiated a
new one. What I'm looking for is a way to "put the node on hold" so it
wouldn't accept any further jobs, without interrupting the one(s)
already running on its vm(s). From the manual pages I concluded that
condor_off -startd would NOT do the trick, so is there a way to do it,
and if not, will it be implemented in a future release at least?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)