Re: [condor-users] Pool node maintenance

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

What I'm looking for is a way to "put the node on hold" so it
wouldn't accept any further jobs, without interrupting the one(s)
already running on its vm(s). From the manual pages I concluded that
condor_off -startd would NOT do the trick, so is there a way to do it,
and if not, will it be implemented in a future release at least?

You can achieve this by temporarily setting the START expression to False on this host. That can be done using condor_config_val, but you will probably need to change your security settings to make this possible. The other way is to simply set START=False in the host's .local config file. Either way, you'll then need to do condor_reconfig to make the new settings take effect.

A new feature currently going into Condor 6.7 allows the startd to publish a promise that it will not kill jobs for at least X amount of run time (where X is some arbitrary ClassAd expression). Then when preemption happens or you do condor_off, the startd will wait for the current job(s) to finish or for the time limit to run out.

Dan Bradley