Re: [condor-users] examples won't compile [CC and F77 fixed, C++ still fails]

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:32:53PM +0100, Ed Kapitein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new at condor.
> I tried to condor_compile the examples in the example directory.
> It goes wrong with the following errors:

<...>

> CC = gcc
> C++ = g++
> F77 = g77
> CC_ARGS=-Wl,--start-group -lc -lnss_files -lnss_dns -lresolv -Wl,--end-group

<...>
> Anyone with a good solution ?!?!

A couple of things:

1. It looks like you're trying to use gcc 3.3. We have no idea if that is
going to work for not - we suspect not.

2. condor_compile and the ld in the condor lib directory are just scripts
that munge the argument lines to put the condor libraries in the path.
Ultimately, condor_compile just exists to force GCC into calling the
condor ld script - usually found in the the condor lib/ directory