RE: [condor-users] Does condor job execution support non-preinstalled java code execution?

Yes, it works for me, as long as you have Java installed on your execution
nodes, so that
Condor knows about it. Here is my sample submit file:

----------------------------------
#
# Test Java in Condor submit file
#
universe = java
# if you want to test java execution on a particular machine
# the uncomment corresponding requirement and/or set the hostname:
#Requirements = (Machine == "host.your_domain")
#
# or you may want to check how it runs on different
# architectures :
#Requirements = (OpSys == "OSX") && (Arch == "PPC")
#Requirements = (OpSys == "LINUX") && (Arch == "INTEL")
# Windows 2000 -
#Requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT50") && (Arch == "INTEL")
# Windows XP -
#Requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT51") && (Arch == "INTEL")
# Windows 2003 -
#Requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT52") && (Arch == "INTEL")
#
# In Java universe executable is a class file and the name of the class to
execute
# should be submitted as an argument
executable = javatest.class
arguments = javatest
#
output = javatest.$(cluster).$(process).out
error = javatest.$(cluster).$(process).err
log = javatest.$(cluster).$(process).log
#
transfer_files = ALWAYS
should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
copy_to_spool = False
#
# on how many hosts you want to run this program -
#
queue 1

and of course you should a java file - test.java and compile it into
test.class:
$ javac javatest.java
and test it locally:
$ java javatest