[condor-users] jobs die due to low free memory

Once in a while we experience that quite a lot of jobs in a row die on one
workstation (up to 200 jobs within 15 min). They mostly die by signal 6 or 11.
As far as I can see this is caused by the fact that the workstation is
running out of memory. I couldn't find any note in the documentation that Condor
checks the actually free memory of a machine besides its totally installed
memory (we're running Condor 6.5.3). Is there a way to make Condor check this
point and not starting a job if free memory is smaller than the job's size?

Anika

Condor Support Information: