[condor-users] Condor Configuration Issues

I've two machines that I'm testing Condor with.  If anyone is interested or
cares, they are Gentoo Linux running the 2.6.3 kernel.  The setup I have
is "fidget" as a central manager and "rah" as a processing node in the
cluster.

My configuration problem is that rah is being listed by condor_status as
having State "owner".  This is a flag checked for by the startd and
therefore while rah is in the "owner" state, no jobs may be run.  I was
wondering how the machine gets into the "owner" state and if there are any
configuration options that will force rah not to enter the "owner" state.

To bypass the issue, I had to alter the the UCWS_START to TESTINGMODE_START
so that jobs would run on rah.  Since jobs are being processed now, I was
hoping to convert the configuration back to UCWS_START.  Which is why I
was also curious why the default UWCS_START has State != "owner" built in
as a requirement.  Is that for security reasons, or is it assumed that a
dedicated non-job processing machine will be the central manager?

Appreciate any comments on the "owner" state issue.  If it's in the manual
and I'm just missing it, please let me know.

--
Raymond Page
Open Systems Group

Condor Support Information: