[condor-users] USING GLOBUSRSL KEYWORD IN CONDOR-G SUBMIT FILE

Sir,

	We have installed Condor-g in a linux machine which we use only as a submit
machine. Condor-g in turn manages 3 different clusters,viz, AIX,Linux and
Solaris. In these remote clusters the batch systems are Loadleveler,Sun Grid
Engine and PBS, respectively. Of course, the jobmanager provided by globus
also is there.

	We tried submitting MPI jobs through condor-g to Solaris cluster using the
globusrsl keyword in the submit file script for condor-g. The following is
the submit file:

universe = globus
Executable = /home/tools/ganesh/mpich-g2/test.sh
transfer_executable = false
globusscheduler=e1.cdacb.org.in/jobmanager-sge
output = condor5.out
error = condor5.err
log = condor5.log
globusrsl = (jobType=mpi) (count=4)
Queue

We submitted the same job by changing the script as follows:

universe = globus
Executable = /home/tools/ganesh/mpich-g2/test.sh
transfer_executable = false
globusscheduler=e1.cdacb.org.in/jobmanager
output = condor5.out
error = condor5.err
log = condor5.log
globusrsl = (jobType=mpi) (count=4)
Queue

	ie, here, instead of sge (Sun Grid Engine), we are using the jobmanager
provided by globus for scheduling jobs in the remote machines. Also, the
test.sh script in turn is another script which calls the mpirun command of
mpich (not mpich-g2)

	In both cases, we are getting the following error:

000 (519.000.000) 04/19 12:23:36 Job submitted from host:
<192.168.60.20:32771>
017 (519.000.000) 04/19 12:23:50 Job submitted to Globus
    RM-Contact: e1.cdacb.org.in/jobmanager-sge
    JM-Contact: https://e1.cdacb.org.in:47446/26128/1082357481/
    Can-Restart-JM: 1
012 (519.000.000) 04/19 12:24:00 Job was held.
        Globus error 26: the provided RSL 'jobtype' value is not supported
by this job manager
        Code 2 Subcode 26

	Can you please tell us what could be the problem here....

	Is this the right way to submit an MPI job using condor-g...

	Thanks a lot in advance.

	Vineeth

Condor Support Information: