From: Michael Remijan [mailto:remijan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 2:24 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SPAM] - RE: [condor-users] 2 simple questions - Email found in
subject

At 01:12 PM 4/27/2004, you wrote:
>(1):  Probably.  I know you can add pairs to the config file that will
>then show up with condor_config_val.  Just try it.

Yes, I have tried it.  Indeed it does show up in
condor_config_val.  However, it does not show up as part of the ClassAd for
the machine when I do a condor_status -verbose.  If it's not in the ClassAd
then specifiying it in the 'requirements' of a submit file will always
cause a failure to match a machine.

>(2):  In the job submission file, specify your input file using the
>"transfer_input_files" parameter, and specify "transfer_executable = false".

I did consult the manual.  transfer_executable is for the globus
universe.  I'm working in the vanilla universe.  Sorry I did not specify that.