Re: [condor-users] reinstalling condor

On Mon May 3 2004 10:19 am, A Nayar wrote:
> I installed condor 6.6.3 on RH9 using the rpm package. SInce I didnt have
> Java installed I want to reinstall it now.But whenever I run the rpm
> package it says package is already installed. I tried removing the condor
> folder but no go. This is my first time with condor so plz help this newbie
> out.

Hello,

This doesn't sound as much like a Condor issue as an RPM issue.  Basically,
RPM still thinks the package is installed because you never *uninstalled* it.

To do this;

rpm -e condor

It may give you some grief because Condor is no longer there, in which case
you may need to do something like:

rpm -e --force condor

After that, then reinstall condor:

rpm -hvi condor-6.6.3-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic-1.i386.rpm

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project