[condor-users] Stopping Preemption

Hi,
I?m trying to disable preemption, the condor manual says I need to add the following lines:

PREEMET = FALSE
START = $(START) && (State == ?Unclaimed?)

Upon doing this no new runs start because the state always equals ?Owner?.  I?ve also tried setting state == ?Unclaimed?, this did allow my dedicated scheduler to claim the processor but alias the job never starts (probably because state != ?unclaimed? anymore).

Does anyone know a way around this, can I just set PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = False, and fix the problem without using modify the start command?

Dr. Clifford Padgett
North Carolina State University
Riddick 239A
Raleigh NC 27695