Re: [condor-users] Condor_compile in Condor-6.6.3 and Linux Enterprise problem?

Hi,

Alain EMPAIN writes:
 > On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 14:57, Alain Roy wrote:
 > > >but the not-condor-linked compiled version is 4KB and the condor-compiled
 > > >one is
 > > >12MB. Am I to assume that this is normal behaviour of condor_compile?
 > >
 > > Yes. There is a price to pay for getting checkpointing and remote I/O. That
 > > price on Linux is about 12MB.
 >
 > If you strip it, its size shrinks to about 1.5 MB.

thanks for this. This is a much more affordable size, and in a preliminary test
seems to work alright, but is this a miracle and will it always work, or do I
have to expect funny things at some point? Otherwise, can I just include the
strip command in the condor_compile script?

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot,
Angel de Vicente