Re: [condor-users] Fedora Core 2 Support?

On a related note, in Gentoo I had to set *two* variables to run the dynamically linked version of Condor without problems:
MEMORY = 512
RESERVED_SWAP = 0

Regards,
Alexander Klyubin

Alain Roy wrote:

5/25 16:50:56 Error computing physical memory with calc_phys_mem().
                MEMORY parameter not defined in config file.
                Try setting MEMORY to the number of megabytes of RAM.

Are there any workarounds, or should I just wait for the next version of Condor before using Core 2?

Did you try setting the MEMORY parameter?

I've seen this before. Probably the way we automatically discover memory has broken in some versions of Linux. Until we fix it, you can set the MEMORY parameter in the configuration file.

-alain