[condor-users] job priority question

Hello,

We have recently installed Condor here and I have a question about users
job priority.  When submitting jobs to condor some users have jobs with a
10 priority run while jobs with a 0 priority wait in the queue, which is
the expected behavior.  They also have jobs with a 0 priority run while
jobs with a 10 priority wait in the queue which is the opposite what is
expected.

Can anyone explain to me what might be causing this?  Should higher
priority jobs preempt lower priority jobs of the same user?  I have read
through the manual but perhaps I have missed something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Colin Devine

Condor Support Information: