Re: [HTCondor-users] how do I test/debug condor_chirp ?

Is there a way to test condor_chirp from my shell ?

You can submit an interactive job (or a normal sleep job and use condor_ssh_to_job) to get a shell in which you can expect condor_chirp to work.

If not.. can you tell me what's the correct syntax to set
Chirp_myThing attribute to be "some,or,something,else" ?

	IIRC, chirp expects ClassAd strings, not ubmit file strings; try

condor_chirp set_job_attr_delayed Chirp_myThing '"string,with,comma"'

to see if that will turn into a string. (Note that "a,b" will otherwise be an invalid expression, and "a.b" will be valid but most likely undefined.)

-- ToddM