From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Stefano Belforte <stefano.belforte@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2023 1:59 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] how do I test/debug condor_chirp ?

I am having problems passing a list of strings as attribute value, i.e.
condor_chirp set_job_attr_delayed Chirp_myThing "a,b"
that command returns no error, but eventually I do not
find it in the job classAds, while this is OK
condor_chirp set_job_attr_delayed Chirp_myThing "stringwithoutcomma"

There are of course many ways I can do this wrongly, and I guess
I can find the right one a bit at a time, but what is really
annoying is to do this "one condor job at a time".

Is there a way to test condor_chirp from my shell ?

If not.. can you tell me what's the correct syntax to set
Chirp_myThing attribute to be "some,or,something,else" ?

Any change that dot `.` in the attribute value are illegal ?
IN my actual use case I have those as well.

Thanks

Stefano