[HTCondor-users] Need for COLLECTOR.ALLOW_ADVERTISE_STARTD in HTCondor-CE?

Hi everyone,

we are currently configuring legacy GSI support for HTCondor-CE as per EGI [1]. I was rather surprised to see the guide suggests one should set
	COLLECTOR.ALLOW_ADVERTISE_STARTD
on the CE-Collector but then found out that this even comes as a default [2] (though much less permissive).

As far as I understand it, the CE Collector should only ever know about CE Schedds. All the StartDs would report to the LRMS Collector.
What is the point of allowing every user to advertise StartDs? Is there any harm in removing this?

Cheers,
Max

[1]
https://confluence.egi.eu/display/EGIBG/HTCondor+and+SSL+authentication