Re: [HTCondor-users] portionable slots and greedy users

Dima,
thanks
You mean in the submitÂfile like
+small
+large
?
I don't trust our users. I suppose I can force it as large if they don't specify. I think there is a way to default if not specified.

I am doing partitionable slots. My START statement is simple: start=True.Â

On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 1:13âPM Dmitri Maziuk <dmitri.maziuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/5/23 20:01, Rita wrote:

> I was thinking: Reserve 5% of a host to small job users. Is that possible?

You'll have to mark the long jobs, or the small jobs, in their submit
files. Can you trust your users to do that correctly?

Then a "reserved" node's START _expression_ could be "not a long job".
(Reserving 5% of a node would be trickier.)

Dima