Re: [HTCondor-users] portionable slots and greedy users

On 10/6/23 12:31, Rita wrote:
Dima,
thanks
You mean in the submit file like
+small
+large
?
I don't trust our users. I suppose I can force it as large if they don't
specify. I think there is a way to default if not specified.

I am doing partitionable slots. My START statement is simple: start=True.

If you can't trust your users, hopefully the condor folks can offer a workable solution. I can't think of an easy way out, sorry.

Unless it's the same users submitting the same kind of jobs -- then you could do it by submitter, e.g. with user priorities, instead of a custom flag in the submit file.

Dima