Wed, March 15: hpclogin3 downtime and hpclogin1/2 access removed

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 21:16:53 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Wed, March 15: hpclogin3 downtime and hpclogin1/2 access removed

Greetings CHTC users,

This message is for users of our HPC cluster.

As of Wednesday, March 15th, users will no longer be able to log into our old HPC system, accessed through `hpclogin1/2.chtc.wisc.edu`. Any software, data, or other files remaining on this system will be permanently deleted.

The new HPC system (accessed through `hpclogin3.chtc.wisc.edu`) will also undergo maintenance on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 15th. Users will be unable to login or submit jobs during this maintenance period. To prevent jobs from being interrupted, any jobs that are not expected to complete prior to Wednesday afternoon’s maintenance will not be allowed to start until after this downtime.

Please direct any questions or concerns to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best,

CHTC Facilitation Team

--

Rachel Lombardi

Research Computing Facilitator

OSG and PATh Facility

Center for High Throughput Computing | University of Wisconsin - Madison