[classad-users] Compiling ClassAds 0.9.7 under gcc 4.0.2

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:03:27 -0500
From: Alan Wong <alan.2.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] Compiling ClassAds 0.9.7 under gcc 4.0.2
Hello,

I had read the mailing list archives and noticed that there were people having the same problem as I am in trying to compile this. I did not see any solution posted for gcc 4.*, though I did try the solutions for other versions, which have not worked.

The reason I need to compile ClassAds is to test NeST, so is there any precompiled version of ClassAds or some hack to get it to compile, or perhaps ClassAds exists in some way in Condor (which is installed currently) that allows me to use it as if a stand alone installation?

Just to put things into perspective, the first line of the list of errors is:

exprTree.h:39: error: expected initializer before < token

Alan Wong