Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:43:41 -0500
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan
On Jun 5, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Marc Tardif wrote:
I just read some PPT presentation which gave me the impression it might
be possible to use a PRE script in a nested DAG which would call
condor_submit_day in order to generate nodes dynamically. For example,
lets say I specified the following DAGs:

   # Filename: A.dag
   JOB A A.condor
   JOB B B.dag
   PARENT A CHILD B

   # Filename: B.dag
   Script PRE B loop-script
   JOB B B.condor

Then, my understanding is that it might be possible to build loop- script in such a way that it could discover the available hosts and automatically
submit B.condor for each host. Is my understanding correct?

Sort of. You could do that. You can write loop-script so that it does anything, but you probably don't want to have it submit jobs. Instead, you can have it edit B.condor. That way DAGMan will monitor it.

An interesting way to edit B is to turn it into a DAGMan job. Then you get multiple jobs for that single node.

-alain