Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:12:37 -0500
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Marc Tardif wrote:
There is one last use case which I'm not quite sure how to solve:

 How could I express a job which should be run once on two different
 machines?

It sounds like two jobs to me, not one.

If you know that you want to run it on two different kinds of machines, you can express that in the requirements: each one has a different set of requirements.

If you have two jobs that simply have to run on different computers (perhaps as verification?) but you don't care if they are the same kinds of computers or not? Hm. I'm stumped by that one, and don't have an immediate answer.

-alain