Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:03:49 -0500
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Dependencies and repetitions in DAGMan

On Jun 5, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Marc Tardif wrote:
I'm not sure I completely understand but I suspect this might provide
exactly the kind of flexibility needed to address my remaining use
cases for using condor. To make sure I understand, lets take part of
the above example:

   # Filename: B.dag
   Script PRE B modify-script
   JOB B B.condor

So, when you say "edit B", does that mean that the modify-script would
modify B.condor on the fly?

Yes. But I think that B.condor has to exist when you submit the DAG file, and it might read the "Log = " line at the time and you can't change it. I'm not sure about that.

For example, it could perhaps create the
file to contain multiple jobs:

No. DAGMan has a restriction of one job per submit file. However, you could submit a DAG (which is a single job) that turns around and submits lots of jobs.

-alain