[Gems-users] GEMS Simulator Simulation time

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:29:00 -0600
From: Hrishikesh Das <hrishikesh.das@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] GEMS Simulator Simulation time
Dear Sirs,

I am a student using GEMS in a Parallel computing architecture course. I am using SIMICS and a SIMICS suse 7.3 image running on a X86 dual processor server.

The problem I am facing is that when using Ruby for simulation, the simulation is extremely slow. Ex- a simple simulation of Unixbech, that takes SIMICS about 1 -2 minutes to emulate, takes SIMICS with Ruby about 10+ hours. Is this kind of slowdown natural ? Is there anything I can do to speed things up ? I need to get these results done for my course work,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Hrishikesh Das.

Graduate Student,