Re: [Gems-users] MOESI directory protocol

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:38:20 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOESI directory protocol
MOESI_CMP_directory uses "3-phase" writebacks.  A control message is
issued (PUTX, PUTO) to the directory to order the writeback with other
request messages.  The directory responds, and then the L2 controller
sends the data.  This avoids a race in which the L2 sends the data while a
request is being forwarded to it.

--Mike