Re: [Gems-users] GEMS Simulator Simulation time

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:05:38 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] GEMS Simulator Simulation time
As Dan said, slowdown is significant with timing models.  When Ruby is
used for timing on top of Simics, we see a slowdown of 10x or so.

Things to watch out for:

 -- Make sure your host machine is not paging.  Simics should be cranking
away at 100% of the CPU time

 -- Make sure that Opal and Ruby are compiled with optimizations.  O2 or
better.

 -- Try setting the memory latency of Ruby to a very low value to see if
this speeds things up.  Of course you may not want to simulate a fast
memory latency

Mike