[Gems-users] regarding tester

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 01:43:51 -0400
From: "Salil..." <smpant@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] regarding tester
Hi
I am using tester for checking a coherence protocol that I have written. I ran the tester with length (-l) 10000 onwards and verbosity low
The tester doesent seem to end - it just hangs somewhere like this ( actually this is true for all lengths)
Debug: in fn bool CacheMemory<ENTRY>::tryCacheAccess(const Address&, CacheRequestType, DataBlock*&) [with ENTRY = L1Cache_Entry] in system/CacheMemory.h:290: address is [0xfc0, line 0xfc0]
Request trace file closed.
---------------------------------------
The trace file size (ruby.trace.gz) is 0.
however if I dont supply the -v option, it ends like this
================ End System Configuration Print ================

Testing clear stats...Done.
Request trace enabled to output file 'ruby.trace.gz'
It just hangs after this and so i have to kill it.
is that something to do with my protocol or am i not running the tester rite ?
also.,my concern here is that I want to catch situations where the messages never make it back ( becoz of incorrect design etc ) and so some requests get stalled forever. Does the tester catch situations like these ???
thanks
salil