Re: [Gems-users] regarding tester

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:48:18 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] regarding tester
Salil,

What tester are you running?  By default the tester runs the random
action-check pair test, but other test are also available.  The reason I
ask is that some of the DETERMINISTIC_TESTER tests have not been fully
debugged and may rely on some assumptions that are causing it from failing
to complete.

However, if you are not running the deterministic_tester, there is
probably something wrong with you protocol.  Often "tester not completing"
problems occur when there are reoccurring events on the eventqueue.  The
tester only completes when all events have been issued from the
eventqueue.  I would suggest printing out the eventqueue to ensure it is
empty at the end of the tester run.

There are currently no tests for dropped messages.

Brad