Re: [Gems-users] Cannot find ruby module when loading it

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:56:07 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Cannot find ruby module when loading it
Hui Wang,

When compiling Ruby and Opal, one of the arguments passed to make is the destination directory. This is typically something like DESTINATION=<protocol name>. Using this argument places the module being compiled (Ruby or Opal) in a new directory, called $(GEMS)/simics/home/<DESTINATION>/.
So, if you were compiling Ruby using the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol, you probably used:
"make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast"
So, you would therefore invoke $(GEMS)/simics/home/MOSI_SMP_bcast/simics as your simics binary.

Invoking simics from $(GEMS)/simics/home/sarek, or from any other directory in which you haven't installed Ruby or Opal, would give the error messages you are encountering.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Hui Wang wrote:

We have read checkpoint and configured simics for ruby/opal, but when
we try to load the ruby and opal modules, following errors came:

simics> load-module ruby
\Error loading module 'ruby': Module 'ruby' not found

simics> load-module opal
Error loading module 'opal': Module 'opal' not found

We have try to specify the path of these two modules, but it
didn't work. So, under which directory should we run the simics?

Thanks.