Re: [Gems-users] Cannot find ruby module when loading it

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:35:49 -0500 (CDT)
From: Sreekala Puduru <kala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Cannot find ruby module when loading it
We did it by using
"make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast",
and it created a MOSI_SMP_bcast folder in the directory home,
$(GEMS)/simics/home/MOSI_SMP_bcast.

When we tried invoking the binary simics from this directory, it
worked, but loading ruby and opal are still giving the same errors.

The MOSI_SMP_bcast directory has the modules directory which has the
ruby-v9.so and opal-v9.so files. So, while loading ruby and opal which
files need to be referred to?

-Thanks
Hui

Dan Gibson wrote:

>Hui Wang,
>
>When compiling Ruby and Opal, one of the arguments passed to make is
the
>destination directory. This is typically something like
>DESTINATION=<protocol name>. Using this argument places the module
being
>compiled (Ruby or Opal) in a new directory, called
>$(GEMS)/simics/home/<DESTINATION>/.
>So, if you were compiling Ruby using the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol, you
>probably used:
>"make PROTOCOL=MOSI_SMP_bcast DESTINATION=MOSI_SMP_bcast"
>So, you would therefore invoke
$(GEMS)/simics/home/MOSI_SMP_bcast/simics