Re: [Gems-users] changing the replacement policy

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0600 (CST)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] changing the replacement policy
Sorry for the late response, I was out-of-town yesterday.

I did implement something similar to what you suggested before, so I can
say that does work.  However, instead of adding a field to cache memory, I
just added a new "On Hold"  AccessPermission type to indicate the block
chosen for eviction.  That way it is similar to us using the
AccessPermission_NotPresent type to indicate empty blocks.

Brad