[Gems-users] defining new actions in *.sm file

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] defining new actions in *.sm file
Hello,

Here is what I'm planning to do to send requests from
a program to Ruby cache controller. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

- I'll define a magic instruction in commands.C. This
instruction will be called in the program.
- I'll define an action in *.sm file This action will
be handled when the magic instruction is called.

My question is: how should I define the action in
commands.C so that it's get called when the magic
instruction is called? For example, if my action's
name is aa_myAction, would it work if I do the
following in commands.C?

else if (val == 61) { // my magic number
  printf("My magic instruction\n");
  L1Cache_Controller::aa_myAction;
}