[Gems-users] executed instructions

Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:59:53 +0100
From: "Braulio Pino" <brapigu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] executed instructions
Hello,
I have run two different implementations of the MOSI protocol and I want to check whether one of them improves the other in terms of execution cycles. To this end, I have created a checkpoint and I use the magic instructions in order to the two simulations run the same part of the application that I want to simulate. After running them, I have seen that the number of executed instructions is different in spite of simulating the same part of the application. Therefore, I do not know if it is possible that I have done something wrong or, on the other hand, those results could be right. I think that if I simulate the same part of the code, both simulations should run the same number of instructions, shouldn't they? In case the simulations are correct, do I have to take into account the number of executed instructions to compare the execution time or I can compare the ruby cycles directly?

Thanks you.

Regards.

Horóscopo, tarot, numerología... Escucha lo que te dicen los astros. http://astrocentro.msn.es/