Re: [Gems-users] Logtm load/store problem

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:42:02 -0500
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Logtm load/store problem
Hi Dan,

If I run sortedList with golden checkpoints, it runs well and these are the magic number which are getting through:

3, 5, 1025, 1038, 2049, 2062

If I run it with silver checkpoint it only gets 1025 and 2049.

How can I fix this? I need the silver checkpoint because it lets me use a more recent version of Solaris which has barriers. Thanks.

Polina

Dan Gibson wrote:
Sometimes the magic numbers used by transactions are different from the ones that Ruby expects (various versions of Ruby have changed this) -- augment the spot in commands.C where transactions are doled out (IIRC it is a big case statement or if/else tree) and see which magic numbers are actually making their way into Ruby.

Regards,
Dan