Re: [Gems-users] Compiling problems with transaction.c in Gems 2.0

Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 21:55:10 +0800
From: "li he" <cranelea@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Compiling problems with transaction.c in Gems 2.0
Hi Yang,

We try to download the binary file of gcc "gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local.gz" and compiled binary file of gcc with the sun's asm
 "libiconv-1.11-sol10-sparc-local.gz" from sun's website.
The introduction of the two files are like below:
gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local.gz. The GNU C compiler and related programs - installs in /usr/local. This package includes the GNU C, C++, and f77 suites and support files. These gcc packages require the installation of libiconv. It was compiled to use the SUN assembler and loader usually in /usr/ccs/bin if the SUNW developer packages are installed. When needed and the source code supports it, this C compiler can create 64-bit executables via the -m64 flag as well as the usual 32-bit ones. Please read the details on how this package was created which can be found at Comments on gcc 3.4.6 . The Details link below contains information on what is new in 3.4.6. Documentation is in /usr/local/doc/gcc, /usr/local/man, and /usr/local/info. The gcc package is quite large. Some users may have trouble downloading very large files via a browser. These users should try using command line anonymous ftp or perhaps the Sun Download Manager.

And then we installed them to the simulated machine. Finally,it works!
We intended if it didn't work,we would do as your suggestion. Anyway, thx very much!