[Gems-users] PRIV_MODE conflict with Store_XACT

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:11:50 +0100
From: Lois Orosa Nogueira <lois.orosa@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] PRIV_MODE conflict with Store_XACT
Hi list,

I'm modifying the logTM protocol, and I have a problem with the escape actions. Sometimes escape actions conflicts with store_XACT accesses when escape actions are stores in PRIV_MODE. I read in https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2008-December/msg00011.shtml this:

Finally, Labyrinth (and I think that sometimes other STAMP benchmarks) presents
some conflicts between Escape (stores in PRIV_MODE) and Store_XACT accesses.
These Escape accesses are treated as non-transactional stores in the coherence
protocol, which may produce inconsistency. I addressed this problem by changing
the coherence protocol and the conflict resolution policy to abort transactions
that conflict with these Escape Actions.

Somebody can explain me this a little better? When an Why the PRIV_MODE is produced?. I'm using the barnes benchmark. Is a good solution abort transactions with this conflicts?

Thanks a lot
Lois