Re: [Gems-users] memory accesses

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:09:22 -0400
From: Shakeel Butt <shakeel.butt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] memory accesses
>> Are you running golden or silver checkpoints? Golden checkpoints shouldn't
>> require you to create processor sets, only silver. I don't see how creating
>> processor sets inside your program would be a problem but I don't know of
>> anyone doing that. In general, you should create processor sets by issuing
>> commands in the .simics file.
I don't have golden or silver checkpoints. I think those are internal
to Wisconsin. I've created my own checkpoints with solaris 10
installed. I'm creating processor sets before transaction begin. I
will try to create processor sets in .simics file, do you think this
is causing problem.

>> Are you sure that the number of threads you are trying to run is at least
>> one fewer than the number of processors?
I'm just running two threads on 8 processors.

BTW thanks for rapid replies...

Shakeel