Re: [Gems-users] Checkpointing after roby/opal initialization

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:11:21 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Checkpointing after roby/opal initialization
There seems to be a lot of confusion on the list about this recently. Let me make it clear:

* Taking checkpoints /after/ loading Ruby and/or Opal is NOT a good idea. As you can see from the output below, there is no guarantee that they will re-load correctly when you next read the checkpoint.

* If you MUST take a checkpoint after loading Ruby and/or Opal, then you must MANUALLY edit your checkpoint file, and remove all references to Ruby and Opal. After doing so, you should be able to load the checkpoint normally, then re-load Ruby/Opal.

Regards,
Dan