[Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_* protocols

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:04:25 -0400
From: Edward Lee <edwl202@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] MOESI_CMP_* protocols
I have couple of potentially trivial questions. I have been working on MOESI_SMP_directory protocol and I want to start doing some tests on MOESI_CMP protocols as well. Here are my questions:

1- What is the difference between MOESI_CMP_directory and MOESI_CMP_directory_m?
2- As I looked at the html files, the title seems to be Token Protocol for MOESI_CMP_directory. So, is this just a typo or if not then, what is the difference between MOESI_CMP_token?
3- And as I checked the MOESI_CMP_* protocol files, and generated html tables I failed to see the "E" state. The CMP protocols seem to be more complex and I couldn't really follow them from the html table so I might be missing something trivial here but I would like to know the reason of not having the exclusive state explicity in these protocols if possible.

Regards,

Ed