Re: [Gems-users] Formal Verification of Cache Coherence Protocols

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:13:02 -0400
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Formal Verification of Cache Coherence Protocols
Hi Abdullah,

Currently we are not aware of any tools out there to perform formal verification. In general we verify the protocols through rigorous testing. You might find this paper interesting "Verifying a Multiprocessor Cache Controller Using Random Test Generation".

Maybe someone else on the list can comment on this?

Polina