Re: [Gems-users] how to simulate synchronization and checkpointing

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:56:29 +0800
From: "shanshuchang" <shanshuchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] how to simulate synchronization and checkpointing
Supposing the checkpoint scheme is triggered if specified number of cycles has passed. The functional module(OPAL Pseq?) is involved and if the checkpointing condition is satisfied it makes synchronization request to all the cores which are running the parallel benchmarks. Later after receiving the synchronization request the running cores decide to stop the simulation and ACK to the requestor. Finally the requestor get all the ACK and it calls writeCheckpoint function to save the state. Am I right here of considering the simulation of the checkpointing?
How can I use the OPAL and RUBY module to implement the simulation?

It is clear that synchronization can be finished at the program level by barrier function call, but I am interested in the timing of the synchronization and checkpoint creation.
Some of you guys may have already done works on checkpointing simulation, I am looking forward to your help.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
shuchang