[Gems-users] dynamic instruction of an exception

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:43:28 -0400
From: Miray Kas <miraykas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] dynamic instruction of an exception
Hi all,

I want to identify the dynamic instruction that caused a core exception...

As far as I could observe, when a core exception happens, simics notifies gems via haps and the execution falls into the following method at system.c class:

static void system_exception_handler( void *obj, conf_object_t *proc, uint64 exception )

Inside this method, it can access pseq as well and invokes

pseq->postException( exception_as_int, logical_proc_num

But I am not sure if it can be of any use for this problem.

I dont know how I can identify the faulting dynamic instruction from this point (I mean the dynamic_inst_t that caused the exception).

Can anyone of you give me any pointers on this?

Thanks,

Miray