[Gems-users] directory cache implementation

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:17:16 -0400
From: Meng Zhang <mz28@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] directory cache implementation
Hi,
I have a question about the implementation of directory cache. In the thread below:
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2007-February/msg00100.shtml
I see Mike implemented in a way that checks whether dirCache contains the tag.  If so, it uses DIRECTORY_CACHE_LATENCY instead
of DIRECTORY_LATENCY.  I would like to implement in the same way. However, the benchmarks crashed. I found the problem is the update of the directory cache.
In my protocol, the directory cache and controller is on chip and the directory and memory is off chip. There is around 50 latencies to go off chip. However, how should I add this latency in the updating action (which update the directory cache based on the recent address of load/store)? This action is not a global event and has no enqueue function. So i don't know how to use the latency here? I appreciate any light on this!

--
Regards,
Meng