Re: [Gems-users] Injection rate option doesn't work

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:37:58 +0900
From: 신민정 <berebere86@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Injection rate option doesn't work

I checked that too, but the curve looks very linear.

By the way, I changed the injection_rate value in “Tester.C” file as

//injection_rate = .1;

injection_rate = RubyConfig::injectionRate();

where injectionRate() function returns g_TRAFFIC_INJECTION_RATE in “RubyConfig.h” file.

Is this right???

This is all I changed, but I think I did something wrong.

How did you get the curve in the paper using Garnet network tester???

I ran the tester on 4X4 mesh with MOESI CMP Directory protocol.

My running command is as follows.

           ./tester.exec -l 10000 -i 0.1

And output file shows

           Average Link Utilization :: 0.0897725 flits/cycle

-------------

Average VC Load [0] = 12.9272 flits/cycle

Average VC Load [1] = 0 flits/cycle

Average VC Load [2] = 0 flits/cycle

Average VC Load [3] = 0 flits/cycle

-------------

Total flits injected = 240090

Total flits recieved = 240090

Average network latency = 94.6688

Average queueing latency = 31032.1

Average latency = 31126.8

Total Link Power = 3.21034 W

Total Router Power = 8365.3 W

However, in the paper, average latency is under 50 when injection rate is 0.1.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Minjeong