Re: [Gems-users] Injection rate option doesn't work

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:19:05 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Injection rate option doesn't work
A couple of things:

1. The injection rate parameter, as I used it, specifies the packet injection rate per-node. The curve in the paper uses flits/cycle. So you need to convert the packets to flits. Moreover, in the paper I tried to match the topology/traffic pattern, etc. used in previous papers. So, in some cases I have used multiple vnets and the topology was 7x7 and 8x8.

2. Secondly, looking at your stats it looks like you are just injecting traffic in one vnet and that is using only vc=0 to send traffic. This could be because the vnet is declared as "ordered." For network-only experiments, people usually assume unordered networks. You might want to change that.

Note that the garnet tester that I have provided is just for reference and you should feel free to modify it for your needs.

All the best.

-Niket