[Gems-users] Result of Ruby where is L1

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:29:43 +0930
From: tian <tian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Result of Ruby where is L1
Hello Everyone

I'm new to GEMS, and i got a question about the result of simulation.

The protocol that I used is “MI_example” which im pretty sure is a simple protocol with only one level of Cache.

But after I loaded ruby, I found there were parameters (Assoc and Num of sets bits ) for both L1 and L2 at default parameters.

After a simple 10000 cycle operation, the state file shows that no L1 hit or miss. All the misses during these 10000 cycles were at L2. I’m confusing now… why there would be L2 during the simulation when the protocol does not even have it. How it works? And how can I configure it to have only L1. Thanks

Best Regards

G.Tian